Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Two to Go

Juli and I have had the privilege of conducting well child exams at our Children's Home. We have been meeting every Wednesday morning to do the physicals. We have 92 down and 2 to go till we are done for the year.

In 2006 I remember doing the medical intake for the first 56 kids to come into the Home. It has been amazing to see the difference between then and now. As I read the medical notes that I wrote during those initial assessments I'm amazed at the progress that has been made.

There were a few girls who were fearful during their 06' exams. It is so exciting to see those same girls laughing through their exams. Many children were severely malnourished when they arrived; it's exciting to see them climbing the growth charts these days! We have a few with heart murmurs that need to be checked out. But overall it has been amazing to see the progress. What an honor to have a part in these little ones lives.

No comments: