Saturday, August 16, 2008

Nothing Can Go Wrongo

As a child I remember singing a catchy song with the lyrics "Nothing can go wrongo, I'm in the Congo!" Very soon I may really be in the Congo. The Democratic Republic of the Congo that is.

William is currently in Nairobi trying to get his passport. He left on Friday but didn't make it in time before the office closed. He is now staying the weekend with some relatives waiting to hit the office first thing Monday AM. We received word on Thurs that his passport is there. So we are praying and hoping that it really is.

As soon as William calls to tell me he has the passport I'll be booking our flights to the Rwanda/DR Congo border. Our tentative schedule has us traveling along with colleagues Kierra and Wendy. After arriving in DRC we will be meeting with the Empowering Lives area director.

ELI has a school for children living in the slum of Keredi in the city of Bukavu. As a team we will be getting to know some of the children and listening to their personal stories. ELI has dreams of eventually opening a pediatric clinic in the slum area. So I'll be investigating where I may fit into health ministry in the DRC. William will also be checking out ministry opportunities where he may be needed.

We are excited to see where God is taking us in future ministry opportunities, whether in Kenya or in the DRC. I have a feeling that this next year may be just as full as this one has already been. Thanks for walking the journey with us. Please pray with us that William's passport is ready by the beginning of next week. And if you are interested in making a donation to help finance our trip to the DRC you can donate to our account using the link at the left. I'll keep you posted!!

No comments: