Monday, August 04, 2008

oops

It was just brought to my attention that I'm a bit behind in posting updates. Oops! Sorry bout that. I actually wasn't on the computer very much last week. When we traveled to Kijabe I had the computer configured for internet there. So when we got home to Kipkaren I couldn't get back on our connection. I finally caught up with our computer tech who fixed it for me. Then the power went out! So I'm finally sitting down to get caught up on e-mail etc. today.

I actually don't have too much to report at the moment. But I do have a piece of good news. Jeptoo (the mother of Chelagat) is doing really well. She has been diligently working and is now providing the majority of the food for her family herself! In fact she even brought William and I a few ears of corn last week. She came over to say asante (thank you) and to ask if there is anything she can do for us to show her gratitude.

So I want to send out a big thanks to those of you who prayed for and even assisted financially to help Jeptoo and the girls get on their feet again. It's been quite a journey. I'm excited to see where God is taking them at this time.

Now it's back to catching up on those e-mails! Oh, and I want to make sure that I don't come across like catching up on e-mail is a bad thing. I absolutely LOVE getting e-mail. Sometimes it's those messages from friends and family that make my day! Every now and then I get an e-mail that says something like "I know you are so busy that I try not to write and disturb you very often." Please please please know that it is the opposite, getting e-mail makes me smile and brings joy to my heart.

No comments: