Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A New Challenge

Over the weekend my computer suffered a blunt trauma to the head. As in it slipped while I was putting it in it's case. It only fell a few feet but something has been jarred loose. The monitor is now pitch black. I was told about a month ago by a computer techie in Nairobi that if my Sony every breaks don't even think about trying to repair it here in Kenya.

I'm praising the Lord that I had the sense to purchase the extended warranty on the computer when I bought it. So now it's an issue of trying to get it home to the USA where it can be repaired. I'm likely going to be sending it with some short term missionaries who I've never met. Then once it is repaired we will see if some more short termers can bring it back to Kenya.

In the meantime I'm on a loaner computer from the clinic. My entire address book (e-mail and snail mail) is in the computer I can't access. So it's a bit frustrating to say the least. Some days I just feel like asking "Could something please go right??" Oh well, such is life.

On this coming Sunday (July 20) we will be headed to Kijabe Mission Hospital. We are taking William's mom for surgery there. It looks like we will likely be there for about a week. I'm not sure if I will have any internet access or not during that time. Kijabe is close to Nairobi so we will be trying to pick up William's passport and start work on his visa while we are in the area. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated during this time!

No comments: