Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Spoiled

I'm feeling a bit spoiled as I write today. My parents and sister Ashley arrived on Sunday afternoon. They were very surprised and overjoyed to see me at the airport in Nairobi. We had a wonderful afternoon together and came up to the village yesterday.

Well last night became my birthday and Christmas all rolled into one. They had brought gifts for my my birthday last month as well as Christmas presents for William and I. My mom even had a cake mix and frosting to have a little party last night.

And I think the icing on the cake of the day was my sister Ashley making some efforts to reconcile with my husband William. Ashley and I have always had a special relationship. And when I moved to Africa Ashley blamed it on him taking me away. She hasn't exactly made life easy for them when they have been together in the past. Last night before heading to bed she told William that she was jealous of him but that she wanted to let that go and be friends. It was a wonderful way to end the day.

So today I'm in the office at the clinic trying to get paperwork caught up and things in order so that I will be able to make my getaway for our planned family vacation. I was internet-less for three days so it's quite a bit of catch up! I just got a call from one of my maternity clients who insists on seeing only me. I assured her that I'm in the office today and she is on her way. So we shall see what the rest of the day and the week hold in store for us. But I can tell you that my heart is full of joy to have part of my family here with me. And for the rest of you, I wish you were here with us!

No comments: