Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Parole???

After nearly a year of marriage I'm officially becoming a Kiprop. I spent most of yesterday going to Social Security, the DMV and the bank to get paperwork processed for changing my name. My mom and Ashley came along to keep me company. William was kidnapped by my father. While we were waiting in eternal lines they were enjoying In-N-Out and experiencing American stores like the Bass Pro Shop, Target, Home Depot and Big 5 Sporting Goods.

Anyway! I drove into what I remembered being the social security office and found it closed. In the next parking lot over I noted a building in the same style with the same color paint. So I figured "Oh, they moved next door." I pulled in and noticed that all the characters (at least a dozen) hanging out in the front looked a little rough around the edges. But I figured that all types show up at Social Security. As we walked up to the building I was getting the feeling that I just may have been wrong. I asked a lady leaving if this was social security and the response was "Heck no, this is the parole office!". Oops! I did find the new just office about a mile down the street.

No comments: