Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Coming to America

After two years of working towards a visa for my wonderful husband I am pleased to announce that we have success! William is hesitant to share the news here in Kenya because he doesn't actually have the visa in his hands yet. He comes back to Nairobi to pick it up on Nov 12th. But the interviewer assured us that "yes, this was the last step in the process and yes it was approved"!!!!

We will be in CA for all of December and part of January. I'm looking forward to seeing many of you. And I'm excited to introduce you to William! It will be nice to have a Christmas in CA. My last two have been here in Kenya.

Things William will miss about Kenya:
  • Watching out for our animals (Cows, sheep, chickens, dogs and cat!)
  • Eating ugali Kenya's staple food
  • Taking chai from freshly boiled milk
  • His cell phone with the free incoming calls
  • Hearing and speaking his mother tongue
  • Knowing everyone within a 5 mile radius of the house
  • His clients and the work that he does with them
Some things he is looking forward to:
  • Meeting my extended family
  • Experiencing snow for the first time
  • Traffic that drives on the right (as in correct) side of the road
  • Seeing the Pacific ocean
  • Finding out about this "Starbucks" that his wife always raves about
  • Catching up with friends who have come on teams or for visits here in Kenya
  • Finding out what it is like to sit on an airplane for hours and hours on end
  • Going to my home church with me
  • Seeing the whales at Sea World (I have two free tickets that have been burning a hole in my pocket)
  • And of course, sharing with you about our life here in Kenya!

2 comments:

Adele said...

From the other side of Mayfield: Your comment on the right side being the correct side of the road is a rather ethnocentric comment. :) Just thought I'd give you a hard time about it.

From someone whose used to driving on both sides of the road, usually remembering which side is for which country.

SMC said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! That is so exciting. You've been laboring over this for so long! If you have any layovers in Denver or Kansas City, let me know...if I'm around I'd love to see you!