Monday, October 13, 2008

Zebras, Baboons and Gazelle's - Oh My!

It has been an exhausting and draining few weeks. I keep meaning to post and keep running out of time and or energy. I wanted to put pictures up but just realized that I forgot to bring my camera along with me; I'm in Nairobi once again.

Tomorrow I'll be visiting the US Embassy to pick up a letter regarding William's visa application. I have no idea yet what it says. But I am sincerely hoping it is a letter of approval. If that is the case we will be able to schedule his physical exam and an interview. Once he passes the exam and interview we would have a visa. I'm hoping that all will work out so that we can be in CA for Christmas. I'll keep you posted!

I mentioned it had been a busy week. We had an incredible team from Salem OR here this last week. I had the privilege of working with two of the ladies in the clinic. One was a physical therapy assistant. She gave some great trainings to our staff. The other works for the Red Cross. We were able to hold a full CPR and First Aid course over the course of the week. Some days we had up to 26 people in attendance. Nineteen people completed the entire course and earned certificates of completion. Doing a first aid training was one of my dreams/goals for this year. So thanks team for helping make it happen!!

I also had a visit from a friend of mine who is a missionary in Sudan. Anna came in on Friday and spent the weekend with us. She is amazing. I call her super-nurse and super-missionary. It was refreshing to share stories and just spend time together. Unfortunately she has been suffering from malaria. So I got to play nurse to my friend this weekend. We are praying she will be back on her feet before heading back to Sudan on Wed.

Anna and I took the shuttle down to Nairobi together this morning. The last few times I've made the drive I haven't seen any wildlife whatsoever (unless you want to count cows, pigs, sheep and goats!) but today we hit the jackpot! We saw zebras, baboons and gazelles between home and Nairobi. We were keeping our eyes peeled for a lion or giraffe (not too likely to be spotted from the road). I'll be flying home with my colleague Adele on Wed AM.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Just found your blog...blessings as you wait on the visa report!