Friday, October 03, 2008

oops

I just realized that it's going on two weeks since my last post. I guess I've been busy! I've actually had a few stories on my mind that I want to get on the blog. I just haven't had the time to upload the pictures and sit with the computer to get them written.

Getting home from Nairobi was a bit of a rough week. We actually had two funerals that week. A young lady died in childbirth (more on that story to come in a future post), and we lost one of the leaders in our church. I don't know if I will ever get used to the fact that death is a normal part of life here. Then I was down last weekend with some sort of gastro-intestinal bug. But I'm back on my feet and in full swing now.

We have a team coming in from Salem, OR today. I'm pretty excited because two of the ladies will be joining us in the clinic. We have been e-mailing plans back and forth over the last few weeks. One of the ladies works for the Red Cross. It looks like we will be holding our very first CPR and First Aid training. Our staff is pretty excited. They study CPR in school but there are no certification/re-cert programs required by the Ministry of Health here. It should be a good, if busy, week!

No comments: