Friday, June 04, 2010

Snapshots from Today

A few posts back I blogged about debrieding a burn on a sweet little girl. She came back to see me again today for another treatment. She got a pre-treatment sticker that she promptly stuck on her forehead. She is improving with each dressing change and soon won't need to come see me anymore.



The water project is going strong. The clinic has been filled with the sound of holes being pounded through our walls in preparation for the pipes that will thread through them bringing us clean water. We are hoping to have running water by the end of this month! Below you can see that fresh water being pumped into a big bucket for the construction use.


It seems we very well may have the most deluxe waiting room for a rural-clinic in Africa. Today we got fish! One of our nurses has a brother who builds fish tanks. He wanted to show his support for the work we do by donating a fish-tank and fish to the clinic! It was installed today and is sure to make the wait to see a provider just a bit more interesting!

3 comments:

SMC said...

I love the sticker on her head! There must be something about that in young girls...yesterday I went to have dinner at my sister's, and my 3-year old niece had a bandaid in the middle of her forehead, for no reason other than to put it there!

And I LOVE the fish tank! I wonder if people will come just to see it--I can't imagine it is a common thing in Africa as it is here! How cool!

Mama Griffith, said...

I love the pictures! Little kids are so funny.

grace said...

i thought i'd stop by and say i really enjoy your blog.
Blessings!