Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mud or Rainbows?


Lately I've found myself facing some unique challenges. I've found that when these challenges come (and we all know that they always will!) that although I can't always control circumstances, I can choose to control how I respond.

This was clearly illustrated to me in the last week as we had quite a bit of rain. I slipped in the mud one day on my way home from work. I nearly ate it but got my balance just in time. Nevertheless my shoe and foot were rather muddied. As soon as I got home I grabbed the camera to document the moment.

Not long before the mud incident I had found the need to grab the camera to capture some amazing rainbows. With the rainy season we sure get a lot of mud. It can be a pain trying to get from point A to point B. But we also get some amazing rainbows. And the flora becomes lush and green with flowers blooming everywhere.

So it's occurred to me that I have the choice to focus on the mud or to focus on the rainbows. The same applies to challenges when they come our way. Will we see mud? Or will we look up and see the rainbows?

3 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

beautiful

Sarah said...

So true Michelle--thank you!

Annette said...

I saw a double rainbow just a few days ago! Your photo is awesome! Good to be reminded of the rainbows amidst the mud. Thanks!