Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thankful

This weekend was a bit difficult for me. I lost uncle David on Friday and missed my little sister's baby shower on Saturday. I have to confess that Saturday afternoon was one of those times that I was really wishing I was in America and not in Kenya. Yet over Sunday and Monday my spirits were lifted as I took some time to count my blessings. Among those blessings are the people in our life who support William's and my work in Kenya.

This morning I'm taking a moment to be thankful for the amazing team that helps William and I to be here doing what we do in Kenya.

I'm so blessed with the support we regularly receive. I appreciate the little things like encouraging comments on this blog and uplifting e-mails. And let me tell you those care packages make my month when they come! The teams and interns that come and give of their time to volunteer in our village are such a blessing. I'm incredibly grateful for the partners who stand with us daily in prayer for our work here. And of course I am very thankful for the financial supporters who make it physically possible for us to be here. From the one-time donors to the monthly supporters, please know that you are making a difference in Africa through your giving. If you fall into any of the above categories please know that I thanked God for you this morning!

So as I move into the busy parts of my day let me begin with the thought that "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

No comments: