Friday, January 22, 2010

In Loving Memory


Uncle David and Aunt Betty

After a long battle with ALS my Uncle David passed away at 7:30PM on January 21st. I can't write enough here to describe what a wonderful and amazing man he was. First and foremost he loved the Lord. He was a man who knew what he believed and lived his life by those principles. He loved my Aunt Betty and he loved his family. He was never afraid of hard work. He loved America and was proud to have served his country.

I remember as a little girl being amazed at his skillful style as he poured me a glass of milk. When I was fourteen and preparing to leave for my first mission trip he pulled me aside and said that he knew many people wouldn't understand what I was doing, but that he did and he was proud of me.

In recent years it has been hard to see my strong and vibrant uncle begin to lose coordination and mobility. I knew that his disease was progressing. But when I left the USA a year ago I imagined to myself that Uncle David would be there for my next visit. It's really hard to know that I'll never see that amazing smile and get one of those special hugs again. It's hard to know that I never got a chance to say goodbye. And yet at the same time I wouldn't want him to be here suffering. And I know that he is once again full and complete. I bet he is jumping around in heaven and doing a jig now that he is no longer constrained by ALS! His greatest desire was "That every one would come to Jesus for eternal salvation."

I would greatly appreciate your prayers for my family during this time of loss. Please pray especially for Aunt Betty as she has just lost her life partner. Thank you.

1 comment:

Rieko said...

Amen. Your uncle is very proud of you and Jesus is most proud of you for your love to him and obedience to his command. May your memories always treasured and you look forward to seeing him in Heaven. Rieko