Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Copycat Blog Survey

Okay so I'm going to do something different today and be a copycat. I follow several other missionary blogs and have seen a few do something like this.

I know of a handful people who regularly follow my blog. Then there is another group who want to follow but actually have me e-mail the updates. What I don't know is how many people actually do follow. When we were back in the states I was surprised to have people come up to me and tell me that they read about our work and wanted to meet in person.

So if you are a reader of this blog I'd love to hear about you. Just answer the questions and tell me a bit about yourself in a comment below this posting. Hope to hear from you!

Do we know each other? If so, how?

Ex: we were on dance team in HS
Ex: we went to a nursing conference together
Ex: we are both from LBF church
Ex: we're related

Maybe we don't really know each other, but have we ever met?

Ex: i met you after your presentation at our church
Ex: i checked you out at the register at target

Do we have mutual friends or acquaintances?

Ex: I'm a friend of a friend and she told me about you
Ex: Kevin Kirkland told me about you
Ex: my child went on a mission trip to Kenya

If the answer is no to all three, do we have something in common?

Ex: yes, we both work in the medical field
Ex: i also have a passion for Africa

OK, now do your part and make a comment! It says in small print, comment, right under this post. I just thought it'd be fun to know how we're connected. If you only check this blog from time to time, feel free to comment as well! Even if you've never made a comment before.

9 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Michelle!
No, we don't know each other.
No, we've never met.
No, we don't have mutual friends or acquaintances - at least, not that I'm aware of!
What we have in common: at one point I used the same blog layout that you are currently using! I served cross culturally (kinda) for a few years.
I believe I stumbled across your blog when I was searching for blogs from different missionaries. I enjoy reading about the differences in culture, the challenges and joys you face.
Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

So I am a horrible pen pal, but I do like to touchbase every now and then. And after visiting with you again this past month on the team from Salem OR, and reading your recent email, I had to check to see if you had updated your blog.
It was fun reading some about the activities we participated in.
I think it is safe to say we know each other :) The work in Kipkaren and the work you do has really left an impression on my life and I really do hope to return!!!

Anonymous said...

Do we know each other - no

Have we ever met - I don't think so. We spent one day in Kipkaren in 2007 as part of a team serving in Ilula. Not sure if you were there or not.

Mutual friends or acquaitances - Friends in Kipkaren - David and Allison, Juli, Pastor Peter, Cosmas . . .

Something in common - Yes, a love for the people of Africa, especially in Kipkaren and Ilula.

In 2005 my husband and I served on a short term team in Kipkaren and then in 2007 we served, along with our oldest son, with a team in Ilula. The peolpe there will always have a special and dear place in our hearts. And we hope to one day be able to come back and bring our other children with us to serve once again in one of the villages.
I love being able to hear through your blog about some of the things going on there. It gives us a way to stay connected and pray for our firends there.
Kim Wildes

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
Yes, we know each other.
Yes, we've met at church.
Yes, we have mutual friends/acquaintenances - church family!

I don't have a google account and cannot bear to create yet another password so I am "anonymous" but I am really Karen McNamara!

Love and prayers,

Karen

donald & shelley said...

Hi Michelle! Family, hugs, Shelley, Amber & Donald, bisquit & Oreo. ;-)

Kristina said...

We definitely know each other, and you could say grew up together. :)

Mutual friends or aquaintences? Well, do our families count?!

Something in common- We both went on several TMI mission trips & attended the same chuch as children.

It's so wonderful to hear "home-y" words from you. My roommate and I just moved too (to the Pasadena area) and I find myself a little conflicted as to where "home" is at the moment. It's just weird and difficult to stretch our hearts to include a whole new perspective. It definitely takes time and the love of people around you. Have a wonderful rest of your week at home. ;)

SMC said...

Sorry I'm quite late on this one...

So...we first met through TMI on our '98 Madagascar team...then we caught up a few times in California while I was in nursing school and you were trying to decide where to go. I don't know when I last really saw you in person...perhaps a few years ago when I was out visiting my roommates?? But it would be good to see you again! :)

kimom said...

Hi Michelle!

No, No & No =)

I just saw you on coffeegirl's comments and thought I'd check it out! Yay for another coffeegirl in Africa! We lived in Nairobi for 5 years and now live in Bunia, DRCongo doing linguistics with Wycliffe. We drove through Eldoret in July. Small world. Our office is still in NBO. Great to 'see' you here! Grace, Kim

Michelle said...

Hi Michelle!
-Yes we know each other!
-We met at UCLA in our graduate nursing program.
-We have mutual friends from UCLA and probably some from CSUSB as we are both graduates of the BSN program there as well (different classes, I was class of 2002).
-We both have nursing in common, although the work you're doing is far more interesting!
-I enjoy your blogs. Glad you got my new email address!
Blessings,
Michelle S.