Monday, March 30, 2009

Shower Time


While in the USA a lot of people asked questions about day-to-day life in Kenya. Thus I've decided to do some posts about the simple aspects of our daily life. I was frequently asked about our water situation. At this point we don't have running water. However we are hoping a little later this year that may change.

But for now our water comes from a well and is hand-carried to the house where it is stored in big plastic containers. If I want to take a shower I boil a pot of water in the house. I then mix it with cool water to the desired shower temperature. These days it has been pretty hot so I'm going more on the tepid side.

Once the temp is good I carry the water down to the shower. Yes I do carry it on my head every day! I then use a cup to splash on and splash off. And boy does it feel good at the end of a hot mucky day!

No comments: