Friday, May 30, 2008

My Turn

OK, so in the blog world there is something called being tagged. And I was tagged last month by Amanda. When you are tagged you are supposed to answer random questions about yourself and then tag other people so that you can learn random things about them as well.

Well I'm not following the rules exactly right, my friend Adele was tagged a few months ago and I liked her questions better than sharing seven random things about myself. (Sorry Amanda!) So I'm borrowing her set of rules for my turn as "it".

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

What I was Doing 10 Years Ago
Leading a short term team to Madagascar with Teen Missions International. I knew that I wanted to pursue medical missions but I wasn't exactly sure of all the details yet.

Five Snacks I Love


  1. ICE CREAM!!!
  2. Chocolate
  3. Cookies (are you getting that I love sweets?)
  4. Pizza (ok, maybe it is not a snack but I crave it a lot lately)
  5. Popcorn with lots of butter


Things I would do if I were a Billionaire

  1. Tithe the first 10% to the Lord
  2. Pay off my school loans
  3. Give a bunch of money to some very responsible charitable organizations
  4. Found a business which would produce jobs and generate income in remote areas of Africa
  5. Pay off my sister's school loans
  6. Buy everyone in my family a car (William and I have decided that the Toyota Rav4 would work pretty well for us in the village).
Five Jobs that I have had (most recent first)


  1. Medical Missionary with ELI
  2. Family Nurse Practitioner at the UCLA clinic in the Los Angeles Union Rescue Mission
  3. Emergency Room RN
  4. Medical Surgical RN
  5. Gymnastics Coach
Three of my Hobbies

  1. Reading a good book or watching a movie with my husband
  2. Traveling and exploring new places
  3. Crocheting


Bad Habits

  1. Tuning out when the conversation is in Swahili (I need to be trying to understand what's going on, not moving to lala land!)
  2. Jumping to conclusions before I hear the whole story.
  3. Feeling the need to be in charge or in control all of the time.


Five place I have Lived

WOW! Would you believe I lived in the Rancho Cucamonga area of Southern CA all of my life before moving to Kenya? However I have visited: Brazil, Mexico, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Zambia, Madagascar, Kenya, Tanzania, England, Vanuatu, Australia, and Bulgaria!!


Five things not many people know about me

  1. I really enjoy crocheting.
  2. To re-charge I need some quiet time alone with a good book and a nice candle burning.
  3. I can milk a cow.
  4. I coached gymnastics before becoming a nurse.
  5. I enjoy singing but don't do it public (believe me this is a good thing!)

Five People I Want to Get to Know Better: (a nice way of saying TAG!)

  1. Kimberly from The Huffmans in Kenya
  2. Hollie at Scraps from Africa
  3. Sheila at Clutterstop
  4. Jill at Wellas World
  5. Juli my colleague in Kipkaren

1 comment:

amanda said...

Hey, if you aren't allowed to break the rules on your own blog . . . then that just isn't right!!! :)

Thanks for telling us some random stuff about yourself . . . somehow knowing that you love ice cream and crocheting making me feel just a little more connected to you when you write all the other posts! :)