Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Michaelle Joy Kierns

Ok, so I am now Michaelle Joy Kierns. I picked up my Kenyan ID yesterday and that is who it says I am. You gotta love life in Africa! At least they got Joy right.

I'd like to thank each of you who has prayed for and encouraged me over these last two weeks. I have been blessed by the outpouring of encouraging words and prayers. I'm not struggling to get out of bed in the morning now. OK, maybe just a little bit! But I am moving forward. I've posted some encouraging scriptures on the walls throughout my house and I'm taking time to talk with God about the gazillions of emotions I've been experiencing.


I have good news about Jeptoo and her five daughters. We are hoping to move them by next week at the latest! It's looking like she may actually be moving in next door to William and I which is a huge blessing! Please continue to pray for her and the family as they wait for the house to be available. She stopped brewing shortly after we met her. Now the entire neighborhood has shunned her because she is no longer providing easy access to alcohol.


Well I'm a bit brain dead at the moment. I just had my first Kiswahili lesson in two and a half months. The new teacher went about a million miles a minute so my head is overloaded. I'll try to get another post in later this week.

No comments: