Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Car Accident


Front View, originally uploaded by momentswithmichelle.

This last week has been one of the hardest in my life. On Saturday April 12 we were in a car accident. We had a wonderful day prior to the crash. William's mom was graduating from an alcohol rehab program. We went to the graduation and were headed home when an accident occurred. We rolled a borrowed Land Rover one and a quarter times. There were eight people in the vehicle. Miraculously no one was killed. One person was ejected from the vehicle through the safari hatch in the roof as the car rolled. We just spoke to him and he says that he is back to work and feeling fine.

We initially thought all injuries were very minor. But it is looking like some may have been more severe than originally thought. Unfortunately the evaluation performed in the emergency department was not so thorough. A few people may be headed back to the hospital today for further evaluation. I myself am beginning to think that something in my left arm may have torn.

Please be praying for the entire situation. I think the emotional pain is even worse than the physical pain. At this point we don't know if parts of the car or the entire car may be salvageable. But regardless we are looking at some pretty serious expense. My whole body is bruised and painful. William is miraculously almost completely free from injury. But as he puts it "I'm under incredible emotional and spiritual warfare."

But through it all we can see God's hand. My wallet and phone were stolen from the scene of the accident. William's brother (who had been ejected) and some onlookers witnessed the theft and chased the man down recovering both phone and wallet. William's mother, aunt and elderly grandmother were in the car. It is a miracle that everyone was able to get out of the car and walk away from the scene. A World Vision truck just happened to drive by right as we were getting out of the car. They were able to load us up and take us all to the hospital. Dealing with police reports can be a real challenge. But in less than 24 hours after the accident all reports were completed, the case was closed, and the vehicle was released to our custody. So through it all we are praising the Lord.

We want to thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. We have been so blessed by the e-mails we are already receiving. I will keep you updated. We are currently in Nairobi trying to get my visa. Unfortunately we are facing challenges with that. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. I confess that I am really struggling right now.

2 comments:

DAN said...

Michelle: May the the Great " I am" show you MORE miracles and strengthen you from the inside out as He makes a way for you with the officials and protects you in the Spirit of Psalm 18 and heals you with one touch! Michelle, Strength and Provision in the STRONGEST Name I (We) Know...JESUS CHRIST! I am in California and the Holy Spirit directed me to your blog this early am to pray for you. Forward, Dan

Gary said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!!! Now that I see that car it is obvious that God is watching out for you. You can count on my prayers. I believe even though you may feel beat up and beaten down, God will bring you his strength and encouragement in the days ahead.
God Bless, Gary Keith