Monday, March 17, 2008

She's Home
The sick girl who I have been telling you about (Chelegat) was released from the hospital last night. I understand she is doing much much better. I'm going to try to go visit her on Thurs afternoon if possible. I want to see how the other kids in the family look. If she was so badly malnourished I'm wondering about the rest......

Msafara
On Friday William and I attended a program called "Msafara - Wheels of Hope". You can learn more about this awesome movement on their website http://msafara.wordpress.com It is a group of Christians who are traveling around the country to promote forgiveness and healing in Kenya. They are doing some amazing things. They began in Mombasa and we were their fourth city to visit. They are going to the areas that were most affected by the post-election violence. On Thurs they had a pastors conference where they had pastors of different tribes wash each others feet and pray for and with each other. It sounded like it was pretty powerful. The rally we attended was a time of prayer and worship. During worship someone was dancing through the crowd with a Kenya flag. It was an amazing statement "we are all Kenyans and we are all Christians!" There were several times I caught myself with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. In some ways I don't think I have even allowed myself to realize just how difficult these last few months have been. We ended by holding hands and singing the national anthem together before a closing prayer. It was pretty powerful.

No comments: