Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks: William's Relief Mission to Famine-Affected Families

On this eve of Thanksgiving my heart and mind are both very full. I find myself especially thankful for the gift of life this year. And I find that I'm asking myself what I am to do to truly make a difference in this world.

I would love to share some pictures with you.  William recently returned from a relief mission to Turkana, one of the areas in Kenya that is currently affected by the drought and famine. The team of four Kenyans were able to distribute relief food to 1,800 families.  Here are some photos documenting their trip.

This is one of the churches in Turkana as they are holding the maize for distribution


In the capital of the region there was a borehole near the church. This is the only source of clean water in that area and people will walk miles to come for the water.

Unloading the Truck



This woman came 40km to receive her relief food.



William was so blessed to bring hope along with food to these struggling people.

Add caption

People all crowded under any piece of shade they could find while waiting for their food distribution

Women waiting for the distribution








1 comment:

Mama Griffith, said...

wow...just wow.