Friday, September 10, 2010

Highlights

Okay, I realize I am very overdue for an update. I feel like I've been burning the candle at both ends lately in preparation for our trip to the USA. There is a lot to organize when you are going to be away for three months!

The big project hanging over my head right now has been our protocol book at the clinic. I've had it in my mind to write it for about two years now. The hiring of two new-graduate nurses combined with the fact that I'm not going to be around to consult, has prompted me to finally get it done. I feel like I'm back in school writing my comprehensive finals as I pound out page after page of information for treating everything from malaria to retained placentas! It's also a reminder of how it is virtually impossible to know everything about everything. I just hope that the other providers benefit from reading and implementing the book as much as I have in writing it!

So before I get back to my monster project let me just share some pictures from recent highlights.

I was recently blessed to have an intern from my home church Life Bible Fellowship church in southern CA. Christina was with us for two months. Here she accompanied me to a high school girls conference where I was a guest speaker.


Four years ago I shared on my blog about a boy named Patrick. You can read about him here and here. This is a recent picture of Patrick and I as he receives a folder prepared especially for him by someone from my church. Patrick is doing very well and is as tall as me now!


Below are pictures from our first major mobile outreach. We went to a remote clinic and provided dental and optometry services. We treated nearly 150 patients that day!

1 comment:

Mama Griffith, said...

wow I love all the pics, You are one very busy lady!