Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Newlyweds in Nakuru


Newlyweds, originally uploaded by momentswithmichelle.

During our honeymoon we were on the move! We spent the first night at the Kerio View where we had our second reception. From there we headed to the Kakamega rainforest to stay at the Rondo Retreat Center for a few days. WOW!!! It was gorgeous, peaceful and an all around amazing place. We could have easily stayed a month. But alas we needed to head back to Kipkaren to meet up with my family.

I had insisted that I wanted a few days with my parents before they headed back to the States. So we all made the drive to Nakuru together. We were able to do an animal safari there. I saw my first leopard in Africa!! Unfortunately he was hiding in a tree and almost impossible to photograph. We then continued the drive to Nairobi where we all stayed one last night together before my family and other guests flew out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle and William, Glad to hear that you've enjoyed your honeymoon, but concerned about you and your loved ones given the news this past week. I'm praying for you and please update us whenever you have a chance! Love, Stacy