Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lookout Kenya!!!

I am officially moving to Kenya! Yes, that has been the plan for some time. But details are really starting to come together. Last night I purchased my ticket to Kenya. I'll be leaving on November 14th, less than two months from now. After many months of uncertainty about our future, the details are all beginning to fall into place. I know that God's timing is always perfect and that he has been with us through every step of this journey.

William and I will be married in Kipkaren on December 14th. We will both be working with Empowering Lives International. Our first year of marriage will be spent doing ministry in Kipkaren. Actually, we are planning a visit to the US for part of that time. So please keep praying for his visa to come through!

In Kipkaren I will be working mostly in the medical arena. Some of my time will be spent providing primary care in the local clinic. I'll be spending some time with the children in the Children's Home as well. I guess I better brush up on my pediatrics! William and I may both take part in assisting to host some of the short-term teams coming to Kipkaren.

Lots of changes ahead! Please keep me in your prayers as I navigate my last few months of living here in the USA. I'm still working two jobs. I need to start raising support ASAP. That is always a really hard one for me. I'm also studying for my board exam. I'll be taking the exam sometime in October. I'm officially a licensed nurse practitioner now, but I want to take the certification exam while the material is still fresh. Please pray for peace, wisdom, provision, and energy during these coming months.

No comments: