Tuesday, December 12, 2006

London

Well here I am on my way back to Kenya. I survived my first flight, so I'm half-way there now! And I just so happened to luck out with a terminal that has Starbucks! Not only did I find Starbucks, but I managed to find a row of seats that did not have metal bars seperating the seats. It was nice to get a nap in the lying down position as opposed to sitting up like in the plane.

I'm excited to get back to my home away from home. In many ways I feel like I'm living with one foot in both worlds right now. Over the last 6 months I've spent half my time in each country. It's amazing to me to think that after all the years of planning and dreaming I'm finally on the brink of moving to Africa. I'm seeing America through new eyes this year. I must admit that last week I couldn't help but notice I had over six brands of deoderant to choose from at Target. It's a strange feeling to be back and forth between two such drastically different places.

This will be my first time spending the holiday season in Africa. I'm sure that it will be different but beautiful nonetheless. Your prayers and e-mails are always so appreciated! I'll try to get an update (and maybe even pictures?) posted while I'm in Kenya. We will see how things pan out with internet access. So if I don't write or post before then, have a blessed Christmas! May the peace of Christ dwell in your hearts and minds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can still picture your trip and all that you will experience as you travel. Be sure to give David my best. Also let Allison know i so much appreciate her newsletters. And Yes I hope you enjoy your time in the hut. that was such a place of both relaxation and contemplation for me while I was there.

God Bless and enjoy your time with William.